Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my rhom today and i just want to make sure that it is indeed a rhom. for some reason i can never get my pictures to upload, so who ever is willing to post the pic for me under this post let me know and i will e-mail the pic to you. Thanks!!!
 

·
Got Rice?!?
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
OH MY GOD!!! How did you get a pink spotted Rhoom? Did you know that is one of the rarest type of rhoms? Where did you get this guy from? LFS? Must be from the same area as green natts. J/K


Yep looks like a rhom to me. Nice one. Keep us posted on how things go.

~Dj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
InSinUAsian said:
OH MY GOD!!! How did you get a pink spotted Rhoom? Did you know that is one of the rarest type of rhoms? Where did you get this guy from? LFS? Must be from the same area as green natts. J/K


Yep looks like a rhom to me. Nice one. Keep us posted on how things go.

~Dj
i got my rhom from http://www.sharkaquarium.com/ . which was actually the 3rd piranha i bought before it actually ended up being a rhom. the 1st one i got from pet supplies plus that was about the size of a quarter and ended up being a pygo of some sort. the 2nd i got turned out being a spilo. and FINALLY now i have what i want. THIRD TIME'S A CHARM!!!!!!!!
 

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
Joined
·
19,142 Posts
very nice ..how big of a tank do you have him in..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thePACK said:
very nice ..how big of a tank do you have him in..
i bought a 90 gallon tank the other day and that is what he is in now. i know it is a large tank for him right now, but that tank should be big enough for him for the rest of his life.

Thanks a lot everyone for verifying that i actually have a rhom.

Question:

What should i put in the tank to ensure he has a proper amount of air and water movement in the tank?the tank is 48lx18wx24h
 

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
Joined
·
19,142 Posts
what are you running at the moment..and yeah that tank sould last him a long time..
 

·
The ASSMAN
Joined
·
20,469 Posts
JesseD said:
thePACK said:
very nice ..how big of a tank do you have him in..
i bought a 90 gallon tank the other day and that is what he is in now. i know it is a large tank for him right now, but that tank should be big enough for him for the rest of his life.

Thanks a lot everyone for verifying that i actually have a rhom.

Question:

What should i put in the tank to ensure he has a proper amount of air and water movement in the tank?the tank is 48lx18wx24h
I like to have a lot of filtration and a high turnover rate in my tanks, with that I get plenty of surface agitation, which in turn oxygenates the water.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thePACK said:
what are you running at the moment..and yeah that tank sould last him a long time..
well just as of right now i have a whisper power filter that is rated for a a 60 gallon tank. i obviously have to buy a larger filter (was going to do that today, just got the fish today) but as far as undergravel filter, air pump, or something to create a "current"?

would it be better to buy 2 smaller filters or a large one?
 

·
The ASSMAN
Joined
·
20,469 Posts
JesseD said:
thePACK said:
what are you running at the moment..and yeah that tank sould last him a long time..
well just as of right now i have a whisper power filter that is rated for a a 60 gallon tank. i obviously have to buy a larger filter (was going to do that today, just got the fish today) but as far as undergravel filter, air pump, or something to create a "current"?

would it be better to buy 2 smaller filters or a large one?
It almost sounds like you have not cycled your tank. If your tank is cycled, just add an AC500 or Emp400 and along with your current filter, you will be set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
Going to back off the marginatus reference. I brightened the photo more and found it with a tail band, hyaline edge. But not known if this is from ragged edge or inline with S. spilopleura or S. brandtii. Better photo helps.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top