Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
15,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just recieved 11 rbp from a buddy of mine.there all about neon tetra size .what do i feed these little critters? ???

·
Registered
440 Posts
If they eat flakes, you have now just entered god status. If not welcome to the rest of the common folk. Brine shrimp always worked for me. But I would put in a big dumb lion head goldfish in there so the can pick at his fins. That way when they are ready to eat fish they will tell you by the dead carcass in the water.

SMTT

·
The ASSMAN
13,346 Posts
smtt,
first mistake I made was not trying flakes. My first reds were quarter size and they were raised on flakes and I changed thier diet to feeders. oh well, live and learn. Took me a while to get them to eat beefheart, shrimp, ect. because if it wasnt moving, they didnt want anything to do with it.

·
Registered
18,153 Posts
When my reds were small, I fed them normal tropical fish flakes, frozen cubes of mosquito larvae, pieces of shrimp, smelt, redfish fillet etc.
When they got a bit larger, small tetras to practice their hunting skills.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.