Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my Rhom in my tank, he is now laying on his side? I put stress coat in there, What should I do???

· Registered
107 Posts
Steelers said:
I just put my Rhom in my tank, he is now laying on his side? I put stress coat in there, What should I do???
[snapback]852117[/snapback]​
I dont think there is anything you can do to help but give him some time and try turning off the lights and check to make sure your water is good also throw a couple of feeders in there too for him to munch on when he's hungry. It should be normal that he's acting like that since he's adjusting to his new home for some reason of all the fish ive owned red bellies, caribe, ocars, flowhorns, knifefish, arowana's,and a jack demsey, my rhom is taking the longest to adjust and i cant understand why. hope that helps

4"black diamond recently bought from aquascape

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Piranha Fan said:
I dont think there is anything you can do to help but give him some time and try turning off the lights and check to make sure your water is good also throw a couple of feeders in there too for him to munch on when he's hungry. It should be normal that he's acting like that since he's adjusting to his new home for some reason of all the fish ive owned red bellies, caribe, ocars, flowhorns, knifefish, arowana's,and a jack demsey, my rhom is taking the longest to adjust and i cant understand why. hope that helps
4"black diamond recently bought from aquascape
[snapback]852154[/snapback]​
New Rhom is up and swiming fine, I was worried that I just spent $150 on a fish that wouldn't live, I should of listen to you guys and took out the Jack Dempsy because it seemed like he was messin with the Rhom a little bit, but I took him out now.

I have the Jack in a container, but can't get rid of him until later. I hope he can survive until I can get him to the LFS.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
themainman said:
Great to here your Rhom up and running. My Pacu did the same thing that your Rhom did and I relized it was the water tempature that stressed him out.
[snapback]852217[/snapback]​
Yea, that is what think it is too. My UPS driver didnt bother knocking, and the Rhom was sitting in 20 degree weather for an hour. I let the bag sit in the tank for about 35 mins, but I guess that was not enough. He was exploring the tank, now he's mostly chillin on the left side of the tank.

· Registered
3,063 Posts
was he laying flat on his side, or just a little tilted, cause if he was just a little tilted then it was a defensive posture he would have been at about the same angle as this slash mark / . Any way glad to hear that he is up and running

· Nurses Do It Better
8,819 Posts
Most likely cause was lack of acclimation causeing ph/temp shock. It's also behavior that is diplayed when a P especially serra's kick in their defensive mechanism.

· Skankzilla
16,305 Posts
jerry_plakyda said:
Most likely cause was lack of acclimation causeing ph/temp shock.
[snapback]853977[/snapback]​
Yep, just because you left the bag in the water doesn't mean the fish was used to it. Better idea for next time is put the water from the bag and fish in a bucket, then every 10 minutes or so add alittle water from the tank. This will slowly transition the fish from the water in the bag to water in the tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.