Piranhas Forum banner

NEW RHOM FROM (ROGERS AQUATICS) W/video

887 views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  P boost 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey just received my fish today, Well to be honest he was not in good shape when i first opend the box this afternoon he was on his side in the death position lol, because he bit thru the bag and the water was only about an inch of it left because the rest went into the outside bag, i didn't aclimate him to long at all becuase he wasn't moving at all just laid there i pretty much put my index finger on his head and he did nothing so i started to move the bag around with him in it and flush some of my tank water in the bag he was in and he came to life again, i left him in the bag for about 10 min and into the tank he went, he just laid on the bottom of the tank like he was in the bag, i had to rush back to work came home and he's swimming the hole 6 ft tank he's in came right up to me to investigate..! I want to thank rogers aquatics for there packaging because if it wasn't for the outside bag the water would ahve been gone and so would the fish!

here is a few pictures for everyone more to come when i try to feed him most likely tomarrow

View attachment 127772
View attachment 127780
View attachment 127781
View attachment 127782

#19 ·
Nice fish from what I can tell......you know I ordered a rhom about the same size from Massive Aggression and I have to say thier packaging was excellent.....there was no way for my fish to bite through the bag and end up in bad shape like yours showed up.....What they did was very smart. They put the fish in a disposable tupperware type container with plenty of room and holes punched in it on every side, top, bottom. Then they submerge the container in the bag as usual, double bagged and insulated his oversized box with a styrofoam shipping box lined with newspaper and a heat pack. The fish wasn't able to hurt himself or bite through the bag and arrived in perfect health.

#20 ·
HERE ARE A FEW PICTURES of him he's getting soem nice coloration in and is really confortable to his tank now he loves his power head i will be posting a vid of him in the next couple days
in the pics he jsut ate a healthy serving of shrimp for today
the pics could be better but here they are

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have been wanting to post a video of my rhom that i picked up last week, he absolutely is the most active fish i have ever owned, even over my cichlids, i couldn't have asked for more, and thanks to winkyee for makeing the video work for me i had some problems doing it myself

THanks again winkyee for doign the video for me, !!

well here is the link..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.