Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know that i got rid of my rhom (to a p-fury member) and just got 5 (1-2") rb's from aquascape. I was sad to see the rhom go but i love these new little guys. Unfortunatley one showed up half dead and that one died a day after arrival, but the other 4 are doing great, shoaling and everything. And those little bastards can eat, I know what the posts on here were saying about feeding them until their bellies round out. Anyway, I got 2 questions, why do you guys call it "shoaling" instead of "schooling"? And what are some good things to feed the little guys ( im feeding twice a day, brine shrimp cubes in the morning, squid cubes at night) besides any white fish filet (im gonna start that next week)?

· Registered
1,585 Posts
I am unsure of the schooling vs shoaling, I think it has something to do with only really acting as one group at feeding! plus schools normally one leads the other follows, but ps do what they want non feeding time! But i had 9 1-2" rbp and I fed them as often as needed and sometimes did midweek water changes so watch out for spikes! I averaged 2-3 cubes of either krill,prawn,smelt,beefheart,shrimp for breakfast midday and then late night snack before nighttime! That did well for my ps they grew at an extremely fast rate!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.