Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the lfs today to pick up some live plants they had one 5'' rbp just came in. He was only going for $19.99 ware i have paid $47.00 before . he is not the best looking rbp but i needed one more to make three.his color is dark black and a white belly verry little sparkle.is this temporary or will he stay this color i no they get stressed when they first are delivered or is he sick.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
just about all LFS shops dont do the fish justice... its probally in a bare tank where people walk back and foruth all day, not to mention lack of feeding. It will not thrive until it is an environment which it can apreciate... thats most likly the scenario you are dealing with. Other than colouration is there anything else that appears to be wrong?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Does your fish look a bit like this one:

This is how my largest redbelly looks like at night, or when he is stressed out. Note that the usual bright coloration on his belly region is almost completely gone...

And here's a pictures when he feels 'normal', for comparison:

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That picture on the top is pretty much the same. the p has been hiding on me since i put him in the tank.he is in good water conditions write now, so hopefully he injoys his tank.i will be putting him and the others in 125gal in a week if the tank is ready so he only going to be in there a short while.snowcichlid there seems to be nothing wrong besides his fins a little messed up!nothing to serious thanks for the input guys
i will try to get some pics up as a.s.a.p :nod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts