Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up 2 superreds and 2 regular reds from pedro.I had orderd 3 supers but one died in shipping
.do you guys have suggestions for lighting and a properdiet to raise growth rate.Thanks guys.

· Registered
162 Posts
FEEDERS,FEEDERS,FEEDERS are the only way to grow.LOL

STOP!!!! I was kidding. Flakes, brine, bloodworms, mine also liked the smaller sized oscar grow. Do weekly water changes. What size are they? I lost 4 yesterday due to baby cannibal syndrom. Make sure you keep the temp around 78 to keep aggression down. Good luck.

· Registered
486 Posts
for me i fed my 1" babies freeze dried plankton for the first month or so and guppies as a treat every now and then. i stepped up to freeze dried krill and rosy red treats when they were able to swollow them in one or two bites. obviously dont feed them anything live as a regular diet, especially when theyre young. if theyre fin nipping keep the temperature down but if not, the higher the water temp, the faster their metabolism = faster growth. mine were fine at 82 deg the whole time. i also had them in a 30 gallon with lighting 8-10 hours a day and enough places to hide to feel comfortable. its been a little over 4 months and theyre 4"+ now. good luck and post some pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.