Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 3 3'' reds from a buddy. I have them in a 10 gallon tank for about 2 more days. Which is a total of 5 days. My new tank is a 55 gallon being cycled. They have not eaten in 2 days. but they are very healthy,active and aggressive. But they dont want to eat. I have tried feeders,blood worms and beef heart. but nothing. I know 10 gallons is tiny but so are they right now. any advise

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Yes once you get them in a bigger tank give them some time to get comfortable in the tank. Then start dropping in a piece of shrimp in before bed. If its still in there in the morning take it out and try it again the next night. Eventually u will notice the shrimp being gone hope this helps

·
Wavy
12,078 Posts
Turn off the lights before you sleep and leave some neons or something, and when u wake up tommorow MAGIC theyll be gone.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Id rather go with the shrimp to stay away from diease and stuff like that

·
Registered
113 Posts
don't worry. when i first got my Ps. they didn't eat either. i was kinda worried that they were gonna die. just make sure temp and water parameters are right. then throw in whatever you wanna feed them, shrimp, feeders, bettas, etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts