Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://community.webshots.com/album/80244912qGijnp

This is currently a 30 gallon tank but I bought a 55 flatback hex just like it. Im transferring everything over tonight and waiting for my light fixture so I can take pix once its set up. Im gonna pick up more driftwood once the 55 is set up. The pix are not all taken at once and are over a 1 month span. You can see the amount of java moss that grew. In the first couple pix, there was only a small clump on top above the driftwood but now it covers about 2/3 of the entire top of my aquarium. The tank is kinda messy and a great deal of plants have been uprooted but im gonna transfer everything over to the 55 anywayz so I might as well wait.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx everyone!! :smile:

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
You most def know how to make wonders with those tanks, Kain.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thnx again guys. I have a spilo in there right now but he's always hidin under the driftwood and only comes out at night when I turn off the lights in the room. He's about 5 inches right now. LoL Al, I love the tank. I cant thank you enough. The new 55 I bought is the exact same style. the flatback hex's looks so much nicer than a regular tank imo. Only problem is my 55 is a clear back so I gotta find a black background for it.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great tank Kain

And dont worry give your fish time it will become a very confident fish as we know Spilo can be.

Kane

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks again everyone. I do not use co2 or anything. I just use a basic 20 watt light fixture with a daylight bulb I bought from home depot and a reflector to direct more light into the aquarium. The tank itself is only 15 inches high so the plants get pretty good lighting. I use mostly lowlight plants cause my fixture isnt strong enough and I leave the light on for about 8 hours a day when I go to bed. I finally set up my 55 gallon yesterday and transferred everything over. I'm still waiting for my light fixture from bltlighting.com. I'll get pix up once the it arrives.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
NIce!!! Dang bro, One day I might have to hire you to fix up my tank.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
not bad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts