Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have 1 RBP just got him a few weeks ago, he lives with a Pleco, 2 convicts and a bunch of little Tetras. Now that I have more funds I want to buy 2 more. Most likely they will be babies about a dime size what can I do to make sure the P and convicts don't kill them. I know they don't care how much I pay for them but I do. Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well fisrt lowed the tank temp to 78 degrees. Give them alot of cover to hide behind and to hide under as well. What size tank these guys going to be in and what u running filtration wise?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
What size is the piranha you already have, what size are the ones you want to get, what tank size?
Please give us some more information, so we can help you out properly :smile:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 30 Gallon tank but I will be upgrading to 80 when my pops sells me his old tank. The RBP I have now is only 2 inches I've had him for about 3 weeks. So far the tetras are all alive, the pleco is fine and the 2 convicts are untouched so is it safe to assume that new Ps will be alright, it seems whenever I put new fish in the first night there is conflict but after that they seem happy. I don't care if the Convicts or tetras become food either.
Dave

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
barbourshop said:
So far the tetras are all alive, the pleco is fine and the 2 convicts are untouched so is it safe to assume that new Ps will be alright
Don't be so sure of that: the piranha's will compete for space and food (all the other fish are basically just trying to stay out of harms way...), so they might have some fights.

But I think a 30g will be sufficient for a short while (3-4 months max, depending on their attitude and growth rate). Just make sure, like Bcollins111900 said, you have a couple of hiding places, and also a steady supply of food. If agression levels would drastically rise, just lower the water temperature slightly.

Also, I think it would be best to remove the cons, since they can be agressive/territorial themselves, and in my opinion, 2" reds aren't large enough to really fend for themselves... The pleco would be fine, and the tetra's..... well... you'll see what eventually happens to them

Good luck

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
barbourshop said:
what can I do to make sure the P and convicts don't kill them.
Separate them in different tanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts