Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just bought a 3-4 inch Piranha Manueli, he's still at the shop as I'm running the tank for a week as recommended. He is in a small tank at the shop. I bought a 75 gallon tank.

Is this a good enough size for a single Manueli?

Please advise.

Also, if anyone has any advice on the Manueli species of piranha, care instructions etc, that would be helpful and most welcome.

Total newbie here. :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
You bought the biggest piranha species. This piranha can grow up to 24 inches. It is still my understanding that it would take a lot of years before this species gets to that size. 75 gallons would be fine for a long time. But eventually you will need a bigger tank. Unfortunately, you'd probably be out of the hobby before this happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You bought the biggest piranha species. This piranha can grow up to 24 inches. It is still my understanding that it would take a lot of years before this species gets to that size. 75 gallons would be fine for a long time. But eventually you will need a bigger tank. Unfortunately, you'd probably be out of the hobby before this happens.
Won't the species grow only insofar as the area footage allows?

·
Registered
3 Posts
He'll be fine in that tank a long while, keep an eye out for bigger tank meanwhile, I scour ads for used equipment daily and grab best deals, sell what I don't need from kits.
I'm a big believer in 2 big canister filters on a tank.
Cleaning them will be infrequent and staggered, like do one filter every 2 or 3 months with regular weekly water changes/substrate cleaning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts