Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm really new to fishkeeping and I have a few questions. So, I picked up 15 red bellied piranhas (dime size) and have a 20-gallon tank with the mindset that once they start growing, I'll get a bigger setup. So, I messed up and overfed them and didn't clean it properly, so the tank got really dirty. I removed the piranhas to a different tank until my tank got cleaned and the parameters came back to normal. During the swap of tanks one of them died. Then as the days went on, they were dying off one by one until I was down to just 3. My tank got crystal clear, and all the parameters were perfect, so I put the piranhas back into mine and after three days they died. I have 2 plecos in the tank with them and they are fine no issues whatsoever. Before the piranhas died some of them showed no sign but the majority got really slow, barely swam around or if they did swim around it looked like they weren't in the best shape. So, I don't know if from the first tank I them had in being dirty for a couple of days got them sick and it just took some time for them to die or if maybe they caught a parasite or some kind of disease. I'm not sure if parasites can form in just a week or not. But I'm looking for some advice and suggestions of what might've happened. Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts