Piranhas Forum banner

New pictures: Natts and Manueli (incl. tank shots)

2K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  elTwitcho 
#1 ·
Hey all,
time for some new pictures

The first couple are of my Natts and their tank. The fish are between 7,5 and 9" in size, and are fed on average twice per week (shrimp, fish fillet, mussels, algae and spirulina pellets).
They reside in a 52x20x20" (80 gallons) tank, with about 600 gph of filtration and a 325 gph powerhead.

View attachment 46589

View attachment 46590

View attachment 46591

View attachment 46592

View attachment 46593

View attachment 46594
Tank shot

And to top things off a couple of pictures of Manny the Manueli, about 6" in size. He is fed a couple of shrimps 2-3 times per week, and has a steady supply of feeder tetra's in his tank (shrimp is the only non-live food he accepts).
He lives in a 40x16x20" 50g tank (with approx. 500 gph of filtration)

View attachment 46595

View attachment 46596

View attachment 46597
Top view

View attachment 46598
Tank shot

I hope you all like 'em

See less See more
#24 ·
Thank you very much for all your compliments, guys

traumatic:
For some reason, my Reds don't seem interested in plants. Actually, they don't seem interested in anything but each other and their food, which is probably why I can maintain the planted look and keep a lot of tank mates without problems.

shoe997bed263:
Nope, no CO2 - most plants are Anubias, plants that do well in low-light conditions. Other plants do well for a while, but sooner or later they all start to become yellow and die slowly - regular replacement of some of the plants is necessary to keep the tank green...

Filo:
My plan was to have a solid black substrat, but because I kept a thin layer of white gravel underneath the black gravel, it started to surface slowly (replanting plants, fish that freak out, catfish that love to burry in the gravel, etc.). It's looks all right imo., but I'd have preferred an all-black substrate - lesson learned for the next time...

SLANTED:
I'm not sure, but maybe you're right. I can use water straight from the tap, no dechlorinator or treatment required, so maybe that plays a role indeed.

Manny's getting big slowly but steadily: when I first got him, he measured 4,5" at most, and was pretty thin. Now, 18 months later, he is thickening up nicely, and has exceeded the 6 inch marker - needless to say I'm very pleased with his progress!

Thanks again for all your kind words, people

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.