Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here are some pics I just took of my 150 gallon tank with 7 red bellies. The last 2 pics are views from above the tank, the plants are water sprite and water lettuce. The rock you see in the last pic is actually in a hole I drilled in the piece of driftwood on the right side of the tank. Let me know what ya think...I'm kinda new with piranhas. By the way, the reason the water level is so low, is because I am trying to do a simulation of the dry season right now.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
sweet tank u better than me im not into all that plant stuff

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tank looks great to me man.I've always loved the look of live plants way more than plastic plants.I never did simulate the dry season when I was breeding piranhas here.You can do it and it does help but it is much easier and less srtessful on them to just feed them well and do your weekly waterchanges.My would always respond and spawn the day after the waterchange.Time is also of the esssance when breeding.They must be old enough to spawn as well.If they are young they might spawn but chances are that the spawns will be small and could or could not be infertile.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Thanks PNut for all your advice! If anyone else has bred p's and wants to contribute their experiences please feel free. The more info., the better.

I realize these guys are still a little young to breed, I just figured I would start a cycle with them, figuring if I go a month or so with low water and more blackwater extract, then go back to a full tank and daily water changes. I figure experimenting can't hurt. I'll let you all know how things turn out.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i would stick with a weekly water change, like PIRANHUT said mine rbp's always spawn right after a gravel clean/ water change. but thats all i'm saying because this is a PICTURE & VIDEO forum more conversation can take place in the husbandry forum

really nice set-up congrats!!! love those plants

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot guys! Since I posted this, I have added 2 little ternetzi to the tank, and bought 9 super reds that will go in there once they are big enough. Will try to get some newer pics up soon!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
NIce setup man!! Ive always wanted to put hella plants and other decors in my tank just to try and make it look more natural. But how do you manage to clean your tank?? Is it less of a hassel than how it looks??

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cleaning isn't that bad. It's a little tough getting everything vacuumed off the bottom, the plants make it tough to maneuver the vacuum in some places. Other than that, I usually take out about half of the water sprite every other cleaning, and just toss it outside. It grows back quick enough. I usually do water changes of about 48 gallons, then just use my python to fill her back up. I do have to stay on top of keeping the filter inlets clean, because they get pretty gunked up with plants.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Very nice, hehe.

But i cant understand y some of u other guys use plastic plants

lol at times they are even more expensive.
mucho nicer with real plant i fell. at least thats wut i use

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
much cheaper for me. That water sprite started as 3 small bunches, now I need to throw the stuff out constantly cause I have too much. The water lettuce also only started as a handful of small plants

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.