Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Very good looking fish you got there
I hope my Piraya ends up looking like that!

How big are they and the tank?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
piraya are 8.5 in terns are 9.5in tank is a 125 (6 ft x 18in)...had more fish but moved some to other tank to give these 5 room to fill out

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
piraya are 8.5 terns are 9.5...tank is 125(6ft x 18in) recently moved some fish to another tank to give these 5 room to fill-out

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
D in #s, my limited experience w/ tern & piraya has been very good .... the Piraya break-up tern aggression and the terns get between the piraya when they are having a mini scrap .....they rarely, if ever go after the other specie... any real aggression has been limited to tern on tern, or piraya on piraya.Again that has been minimal due to the other type of pygo breaking it up...I personally like the contrasting colors and shape of the tern & piraya..and they dont seem as aggressive as Caribe

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
very nice shoal...great color on them pirayas.

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
Those terns are awesome. Just great color on them. What diet do you have them on?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RBP, I agree...I used to have 15 big anubia on top however, with the water flow in the tank(3 rio 2500s on two wet/drys & 2 emp 400) I can only provide surface cover through artificial attached via suction cups to the top......as far as diet, earthworms (canadian night crawers from Walmart !) shrimp, various fish fillets,and an occational exodon paradoxus (small group patrols the surface, another reason I have the thick cover on top)

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,887 Posts
mustang said:
D in #s, my limited experience w/ tern & piraya has been very good .... the Piraya break-up tern aggression and the terns get between the piraya when they are having a mini scrap .....they rarely, if ever go after the other specie... any real aggression has been limited to tern on tern, or piraya on piraya.Again that has been minimal due to the other type of pygo breaking it up...I personally like the contrasting colors and shape of the tern & piraya..and they dont seem as aggressive as Caribe
[snapback]869682[/snapback]​
cool
keep us updated on those monsters proggress

1 - 18 of 18 Posts