Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
new
have under tank heat pad, split the tank into 2 sides, 1 with gravel and water, the other with bed-a-beast. Before we only had a mesh lid and had to mist it like 4 times a day, but I also got a glass lid to keep in the moisture

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
looks good!

·
Registered
213 Posts
awesome!....just monitor the heater if it is on the bottom...if it seems to be really hot...move the pad to the back or side.

btw..there should be a warm side and a cool side to your tank so the frog can choose the spot that is best..looks like you did a good job with splitting the tank into a wet/dry style

Props!

Eden

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys,
the heater is almost totaly on the side with the bed-a-beast, I know common rule is to put the heater on the side under the water bowl, but he has always spent his time in the bed-a-beast so i'm going to try it for a month or so over there. The temp ranges in his tank from low 80's to low 70's so he has his choice. So far he has spent most of his time in the 82 deg bed-a-beast.

·
Photo Whore
2,656 Posts
That setup looks cool,

been wanting to do something similar with my pacman setup, just havent got round to it

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yorkshire said:
That setup looks cool,:nod:

been wanting to do something similar with my pacman setup, just havent got round to it

[snapback]906071[/snapback]​
it took me 6 months to finaly get around to it, he seems to like it a ton, also he ate his first fish the other day. He never wanted to eat them before, his new surroundings must have put him in a better mood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts