Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got some pictures of my new 100 gallon long tank that is ready to get some red bellys put into it. The filtration is a homeade 35 gallon sump, seems to be keeping the water very stable so far. I also welded the stand myelf. I got some convicts in there to cycle it and didnt think they would have babies in this time so im going to let them grow out a bit until i put p's in there. There are some pics of my brothers new puppies and my new pup as well. Dont worry im going to be switching the tank around before i put the p's in, it looks pretty basic right now expeically with the skull, the convicts actually had the babies in there, good shelter i guess. to tell yah the truth i can even see the babies haha, bare with me my camera sucks. How many baby red bellys do you guys think i should start out with?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
omg love the puppies. and nice tank also. i would start out with 8 or 10 then you can always sell some off once they get past the juvie stage.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I think that you should go with 12-13 baby RBP's about 1.5" and thin them out and sell the smaller 6-7 rbp's as they grow. Remember they grow fairly fast so you will have to thin them out as they grow. Nice setup and pups as well!!

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
dont know what the crack is with the dog but nice tank tank.......(sorry i just dont like dogs) but it must be nice to some people

·
Registered
318 Posts
I dono man alot of people like dogs, so i thought i would share, haha they are awesome. I will probably get 10 reds and then thin them out.. how many would u guys say for life in my setup?

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
I dono man alot of people like dogs, so i thought i would share, haha they are awesome. I will probably get 10 reds and then thin them out.. how many would u guys say for life in my setup?
I would say your tank could hold 5-6 reds for quite some time. Life though, I'd upgrade to a 180. These fish get huge, when they hit that 10 inch mark that tank will look small for them. I'd say 4-5 for life but that might be pushing it. Its really sort of personal preference.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say your tank could hold 5-6 reds for quite some time. Life though, I'd upgrade to a 180. These fish get huge, when they hit that 10 inch mark that tank will look small for them. I'd say 4-5 for life but that might be pushing it. Its really sort of personal preference.
[/quote]

Yeah pretty much if i say for "LIFE" it means for quite a while. Im sure by the time they get to the 10 inch mark i will be upgraded already.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
[/quote]

Yeah pretty much if i say for "LIFE" it means for quite a while. Im sure by the time they get to the 10 inch mark i will be upgraded already.
[/quote]

Cool cool. Life for these fish is a long long time. Most likely you'll sell them off to get other piranhas/fish, but the chance you do keep them, years down the road you'll probably want to upgrade. But I'd say you can keep 5-6 reds in there for a few years. When they hit that 10 inch mark you'll be thinking its time for a new tank.

·
Registered
318 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cool cool. Life for these fish is a long long time. Most likely you'll sell them off to get other piranhas/fish, but the chance you do keep them, years down the road you'll probably want to upgrade. But I'd say you can keep 5-6 reds in there for a few years. When they hit that 10 inch mark you'll be thinking its time for a new tank.
[/quote]

so u think its possible for 6 eh? is that pushin it or what? i was also wondering about live plants. i would like to put some in there but i dono if my lights will be strong enough, im going to be getting a 2 x 40 watt fixture to hang above. I also have one of those reptile lights in right now,... would that hurt anything?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts