Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my LFS there is a shoal of reds and a S.hollandi i think, ive checked out franks site with diffrent piranhas and i clicked on S.hollandi and there it was the unknown piranha ive been wondering about, heres is my question:

any experience with this fish?? it seems like its shoals with reds anyway so ill think ill buy him... only 14.5$, 145 swedish kronor

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
Raptor said:
You might want to have a spare tank around. Just incase he tears up your reds. It is still a serra.
Yes this is a good point. It is from the Serra species so it may be hard to keep this fish with others. Fish from the Serra species usually have a better success rate if they are alone. Good luck, let us know what you decide on.

· "Nitro"
4,142 Posts
I read that the hollandi is only an accuall species in name only because the original specimen was lost so it can't be compaired to any piranha's now. like rosecity said "it could also be irritans or like it said in Frank's site...Eigenmanni"

· OPEFE
9,941 Posts
Sorry, i don´t think you can succesfully mix S. hollandi (or any other Serra specie except Spilos) with Reds in home aquaria for standard time (if you see them together in your LFS is because they are supposed to be together for a short time)!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.