Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my LFS there is a shoal of reds and a S.hollandi i think, ive checked out franks site with diffrent piranhas and i clicked on S.hollandi and there it was the unknown piranha ive been wondering about, heres is my question:

any experience with this fish?? it seems like its shoals with reds anyway so ill think ill buy him... only 14.5$, 145 swedish kronor

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
You might want to have a spare tank around. Just incase he tears up your reds. It is still a serra.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Raptor said:
You might want to have a spare tank around. Just incase he tears up your reds. It is still a serra.
Yes this is a good point. It is from the Serra species so it may be hard to keep this fish with others. Fish from the Serra species usually have a better success rate if they are alone. Good luck, let us know what you decide on.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have to buy him tomorrow and ill keep a tank ready for him if he starts to own my reds. Well well it will be an intressting experience

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think the store owner ordered a ship of reds and he followed. He has a very intressting head shape

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Do you have a picture? I also read Frank's site and bought one similar to this but it could also be irritans or like it said in Frank's site...Eigenmanni.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I read that the hollandi is only an accuall species in name only because the original specimen was lost so it can't be compaired to any piranha's now. like rosecity said "it could also be irritans or like it said in Frank's site...Eigenmanni"

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sorry, i don´t think you can succesfully mix S. hollandi (or any other Serra specie except Spilos) with Reds in home aquaria for standard time (if you see them together in your LFS is because they are supposed to be together for a short time)!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Ekbor said:
theyve been there fore like 2-4 months
some people do it, but its likely to have bad results, and if im gona spend a lot of money im going to make sure they don't kill each other off.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the hollandi had been sold out, so i bought 3 mroe reds instead. Im happy anyway and the lfs owner said they will order alot of piranhas was the next ship from arrives

1 - 16 of 16 Posts