Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, im new to the board. Ive been reading everything on this board for a while...its the reason i have piranhas. I have one red belly piranha about 2'' and just got a Rhom that is about 2.5-3''. I actually wanted to get an elongatus, but i just found my Rhom at a great lfs about 2 weeks ago. I love him already. He is getting used to me pretty quickly. I have some decent pics of him. He is currently in a 55 gallon with a tetra tec pf500 filter and i also have a power head. I unfortunately got a weak model b/c when i bought it i was thinking the number on it meant the flow rate like some do, but it didnt. So that power head will go to the red belly and im going to get one that flows 300gph for him.

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
Welcome to P-Fury. Nice fish you got there. I just want to let you know that it is not a rhom, but Serrasalmus Compressus. Very nice fish :nod:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I just wanted to say Welcome to the site

:welcome:

its nice to have new members, and you seem sain so its a double bonus

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
:welcome: pretty cool fish, he looks like he has a demonic smile

·
Registered
761 Posts
Nice looking fish you've got there!

Welcome to the site, you'll find answers to anything you may need help with (P related of course) on here...

Look forward to seeing more of your fish too!

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome to the board. Nice rhom you have there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
he kinda does look like a compressus from some of the pictures i saw, but he also looks like a lot of the rhom pictures. until he grows more and i can definately tell, im going to go with what the fish store said. they are the best fish store i have been to...www.thatfishplace.com... very knowledagable(sp) people there and they have all the rest of the fish labeled correctly with the common names and scientific names. if anyone lives around Lancaster, Pa i suggest you check it out if you havent already.

he was just caught wild before i got him and the fish store had been trying to get him to eat pellets unsuccessfully. i have just been feeding him livebearers right now b/c he isnt quite used to me yet...no feeder fish. once he is used to me i will train him to eat white fish and squid and krill and all the good stuff. there is also a crawfish in with him, so if he gets hungry one day he will probably eat him. im also going to try crickets...but when i put one in the other day and left it there for the day he didnt touch it...and when i took it out it was still alive!
he had been clinging to the hood the whole time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts