Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
G'Dam Mudda Fokka
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you know, my old laptop took a crapper a couple days ago. I took this as a sign it was time for a new one, and decided to have Christmas a little early this year. I headed over to Best Buy and picked up this BeaUte

$150 instant rebate I think is what really sold the product. I've never had a Gateway before, is there anything I need to be on the look out for?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
i didnt like my gateway, but tha was 8 years ago and it was a PC not a laptop. I have seen their whatever its called where the screen spins around, looks cool and seems pretty nice, i think its called tablet laptop or something like that.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Gateways, nothing but trouble with them. My old roommate got a good deal on one (he worked at BB) and he returned it within a week. Just the worse laptop ever.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
to be all honest my family just bought a new gateway PC. Its by far the worst computer we have ever purchased. Our 4 year old computer runs better and smoother then out new gateway. On another note i did just purchase a new HP and i think its great.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
I thought Gateway was bought out by someone?

I was on the Canadian Best Buy site this morning and cruising the mac power books. They had a French language one with a mislableled price of $195.95. I jumped at the chance to try and buy one or two but they were sold out unfortunately.
Would've been a good reason to re-learn French if I got a mac book pro for $200, haha.

·
G'Dam Mudda Fokka
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so far, so good for this one. i wasn't too sure about getting a gateway myself, but i guess only time will tell.

·
Quintessential 80s Guy
5,857 Posts
i picked up a gateway laptop as a secondary computer from circuit city earlier this year for $600 bucks and has worked fine since.

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
nice pick

i just got a new laptop last month with pretty much the same specs, hp dv6000 i love it..

have fun

·
This f*cking Guy!
9,415 Posts
Gateway was the first Computer I purchased back when I was in high School...and that same one, its still running smooth!! 450mhz!!!

·
Fire in your new shoes!!!!
2,298 Posts
Congratulations, I dont know how gateways are, but I just love my sony vio...

·
10,514 Posts
nice pick

i just got a new laptop last month with pretty much the same specs, hp dv6000 i love it..

have fun
i got the dv4000, I love it but I wish the battery lasted longer
[/quote]

yeah mine caem with the six cell, i get about two hours out of teh battery depending on what im doing, the 12 cell is 170$ i will get it eventually but for now i dotn really need it since i barely ever use mine where i cant plug in..

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
mac all the way

·
10,514 Posts

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
mac all the way
macs are soo emo..

"ooo im a mac, im differnt, i can express my self artistically"
[/quote]
dont be jealous you have a crap computer

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
mac all the way
macs are soo emo..

"ooo im a mac, im differnt, i can express my self artistically"
[/quote]
dont be jealous you have a crap computer :rasp:
[/quote]

Or don't be jealous you overpaid for a pretty machine with old hardware.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts