Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to buy a new heater, i was just wondering if a titanium heater is a good choice to go with? i heard people say to go with one so the p's wont break it. the one i was thinking about getting isnt titanium though, so thats why im asking. I need one rated for a 55 gallon if not more, i would one for bigger just to be more stable. any problems with having an over rated heater? can anyone reccomend any good ones around 200 watts? i want one where you can pick the temperature and not the guessing game like the one i have now. anyone have any recomendations? thanks

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I really like the pro heat titanium heaters, I have used many other types of heater (visi therm,ebo jager,penn plax,wisper,and more) the titanium is the only one that keeps a constant tempature, it dosent fluxuate at all. you just set it and never have to worry about it.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I have all Ebo-Jag on all my tanks!!! Accurate, and made with thick glass and really cheap on eBay!!

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I have one that seems kinda cheap on my tank but it works great, and it has one of those protection cases on it so that my piranhas don't burn themselves.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
pcrose said:
I have one that seems kinda cheap on my tank but it works great, and it has one of those protection cases on it so that my piranhas don't burn themselves.
Good input!!!
I forgot that using a heater protector shield are good options to buy to help safeguard your Ps!!!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Titanium heaters are highly recommended...you can buy a regular heater too and the protector shield!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts