Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, the new tern and piraya made it safely into my tank and they are shoaling nicely with the typical fights in a reorganized tank. I am only on dial-up at home so I will probably post picks monday when I go to work. My tank was a battle zone when I first added them because I redecorated the tank to get rid of any territories, my big tern was pushing everyone around while they jockey for rankings in the tank. Nothing serious, just a lot of shoving and chasing.
I must say, 9 pygos look firkin amazing in a 125. The new totals are 2 reds, 2 terns, 4 cariba, and 1 piraya, all between 4.5" and 8".
I still havent decided if I will keep them all but for now it looks fine. I cant wait for the feeding frenzy monday night!!!!

·
Texas Justice
2,257 Posts
we'll be waiting on the pictures!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pics up, not great ones, hopefully I will get some better ones by monday.

You have to check out my little spilo feeding pic, he is a great little dude!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi grosse gurke

That tank looks great ! There seems to be plenty of room for your fish, what are the dimensions of a 125gallon ?
I'm hopefully getting 7,3-4" caribe on monday. Their going into a 60"L x 20"W x 22"H tank, 115 US gallons. Trying out overstocking theory used by others.
Ta.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DAZZA said:
Hi grosse gurke

That tank looks great ! There seems to be plenty of room for your fish, what are the dimensions of a 125gallon ?
I'm hopefully getting 7,3-4" caribe on monday. Their going into a 60"L x 20"W x 22"H tank, 115 US gallons. Trying out overstocking theory used by others.
Ta.
the dimensions are 72"LX18"WX22"H I am not totally positive about the height but I think that is correct.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Your set up looks very intimidating. I hope their are no homicides from the piraya in that tank. that would be my main concern adding a piraya with any other pygocentrus is if he wants a fight he dishes out a real fight.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
congrats
grosse gurke can't wait to see pics also!!!! and 72''L x 18w x 22h sounds right thats what my 125 is also have fun

ok saw the pics wow!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts