Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
Joined
·
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 8" geryi and just got in 2 more 5" little guys. So my new shoal consists of four 5" geryi and one 4" spilo. Things are going nicely so far but it is early! The big geryi was getting too nasty to the little guys so I sold him and got some that are smaller. Thanks again to Ron at fishpost....beautiful fish dude!!!

Oh, no pictures yet, my camera craped out on me so I got to send it back for repairs.
 

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Sold my 8" geryi and just got in 2 more 5" little guys. So my new shoal consists of four 5" geryi and one 4" spilo. Things are going nicely so far but it is early! The big geryi was getting too nasty to the little guys so I sold him and got some that are smaller. Thanks again to Ron at fishpost....beautiful fish dude!!!

Oh, no pictures yet, my camera craped out on me so I got to send it back for repairs.
AND A SPILO GG? WOW ISNT THAT PUSHING IT? ARENT THERE ALWAYS FIGHTS?
 

·
Bean Power!
Joined
·
8,911 Posts
Xenon said:
Who are the big geryi owners of the board, Grosse, harball, and o snap?
And me with the 9 incher. Ryan (Piranhanut) is the new owner of Jeff's 8 incher.
 

·
OPEFE
Joined
·
10,249 Posts
Geryis are great piranhas to care for...hope you repair your camera soon and post your pics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Well about a year and a half ago I had a shoal of 6 geryi togeather in a 90 gallon with little or no aggression.Every once and a great while i would get a fin nip but no major damage.Then I acquirred a large 12 inch geryi and when he was introduced all hell broke loose and some serious damage occurred to the other established residents.I had to remove the beast to another tank.
 

·
The ASSMAN
Joined
·
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PIRANHNUT said:
Well about a year and a half ago I had a shoal of 6 geryi togeather in a 90 gallon with little or no aggression.Every once and a great while i would get a fin nip but no major damage.Then I acquirred a large 12 inch geryi and when he was introduced all hell broke loose and some serious damage occurred to the other established residents.I had to remove the beast to another tank.
Holy sh*t!!!!!
I would have loved to have seen that 12" geryi. I know the difference between the 5" and 9" is massive, and even the difference between the 8" and 9". I can just imagine the height of a 12" geryi


My little shoal is doing great, minimal aggression so far. Thoroughbred, the spilo lived with two 5" geryi and one 8" geryi in the same tank for over a month...he can hold his own. Although he gets chased sometimes, and the only one with any fin nips, he eats well and has his spot in the tank.
 

·
Bean Power!
Joined
·
8,911 Posts
Yes, it looked like a frisbee with fins! Unbelievable looking fish.
 

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
Joined
·
18,487 Posts
Mr. Hannibal said:
Geryis are great piranhas to care for...hope you repair your camera soon and post your pics!
Yeah urry and send us the pix, Jeff!! Cause a majority of us think your lying!!
jk
 

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
B. Scott said:
I have 7 in my 180 with the cariba. Pictures in the photo gallery.
with caribe b? is that for long or temporary? no fights?
 

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Nick has mentioned it was the hightest geryi he has ever seen. I just cant imagine seeing one that size. For those that dont know, Nicks rhom is 14".
whats their max gg? i mean anyone have pics ? i dont like that their compressed but if they get big i dont know im so vonfused hey what about a geri spiol schoal think its possible?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top