Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i keep reading that Variety is the way to go, so I figured i would try and do something like that guy with the squids did, but I used Shrimp, Beefheart, Cod, and Hikari Carnavours pellets,

I got the blender out, and blended a bunch of the stuff up together, with the Hikari pellets etc, and put them in ice cube trays, I also added a little of Metraniozodol, 500mg , couldnt hurt....

froze them up, I havent given them a frozen cube yet, but I dropped in a fresh chunk, my P's went crazy for it.... problem was it really killed my water, and made the biggest mess ive ever seen in my tank... lol

I dont think it will be that bad with the cubes being frozen first, in any case, its a kick ass variety group.. of all the foods, + I think the Hikari pellets will really help with color & growth..

I will post the outcome of the frozen cube, see if it is not so messy!

· Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
17,210 Posts
Malice said:
gelatin caps? ur not talking about the medicine gel caps... i dont think my fish fishies are big enough for that....is that where ur talking about?
[snapback]847125[/snapback]​
he means gelatin like jello
u get it at the supermarket
unflavored and nothing in it
it will hold everything together

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
** Update

I got the gelatin, it works great, although it is expensive... $1.99 per pack.. anyways my current mix was Beefheart,Shrimp,Hikari Carnivour pellets, and 500-1000 mg of metroniozdol, ( for the sake of all those old feeders I fed..) anyways their color is now AMAZING, these fish are shining in their tank... they are swimming around alot more then before, and are very very active and doing much better!!!!! honestly its amazing... I think for now on, this is how im going to feed my Ps except for the meds, anyways im out of beef heart so next batch im going to try

Pellets,Shrimp,Smelt,Catfish.

I sudgest anyone who has not done this yet, and wants great color fast growth and lots of actiity to try this for there P's!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.