Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of trying to house a 7 in rhom with a 7 in elong. Most of the information I have ben reading states that elongs are commonly found with rhoms in the wild so I am wondering if this would work in a 100 gal tank??? There will be other fish as well a 12 in plec and plenty of home grown feeders.. Your thoughts please

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Le Tautai Posted Today, 05:02 PM
I am thinking of trying to house a 7 in rhom with a 7 in elong. Most of the information I have ben reading states that elongs are commonly found with rhoms in the wild so I am wondering if this would work in a 100 gal tank??? There will be other fish as well a 12 in plec and plenty of home grown feeders.. Your thoughts please
Being sympatric (found together) does not mean they will get along. A 100g tank is not the same as an open river system.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hastatus said:
Being sympatric (found together) does not mean they will get along. A 100g tank is not the same as an open river system.
[snapback]823295[/snapback]​
So you would say it's a no go frank? Do you think it would be better if I added another rhom about the same size or just leave him alone. The only reason I am asking is I have had great success with housing small rhoms together under 4 inches they seem to swim more and attack food as a group they're great to watch. I am wondering if a companion could do the same for a 7 incher as long as they're well fed of course. Please lend me your thoughts.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
If it was me I wouldn't try it. But since it is your tank and your fish who am I to say what you should do? If it works out then you will have a unique set up. What ever you do make sure you keep us updated

Good luck!

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
It's a very bad idea if you don't want to lose any fish.
Some try it and get away with it for a little while.... the end result will be one dead and one fucked up maimed ugly piranha with pissing parts or maybe one eye.
It's your choice however.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right on I was just looking for some valid feed back and I got it thanks everyone. I think I am alittle too attached to loose one of these guys right now . so they'll stay in their own 75s. Happy newyear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.