Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this board, but noticed that there are a lot of members here who also post or even moderate on Pfish. This may be a question that is obvious to most here, but does the administration and members here generally have a good relationship with the staff and members at Pfish?

The reason I am asking is because if that is the case, has anyone thought about the idea of the importing of information from some of Pfish's existing threads? For example, members who are common to both boards could import only their own thread headings and introductions, thereby jump starting this site a bit by immediately increasing the pool of informative posts.

This is just an idea that crossed my mind. I am personally a member of both boards, and my intention is not to raise the status of one and/or lower the status of the other. If there is bad history or underlying reasons why this won't fly, than I understand. However, I hope that members of both boards realize that I have not been involved with the politics of these boards on an administrative level, and I truly am naive in this area.

This could merely be a step towards increasing not only the availability of information about raising and keeing piranha, but also the places where it may be found as well.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
it would sound like a good idea however I dont like dealing with some of those people who like to attack people when they should mind their own business, Xenon says that is something he will not stand for

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
What I actually said is that personal attacks of any kind will not stand here. I have a good relationship with some of the admins over at predfish (albeit a very new one). I am not sure about "importing posts" but I have seen some people (MYKA) cut and paste some of her more informative posts and sharing them with the members here. Feel free to do this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We have absolutely no qualms at all with Xenon or the staff here, and hopefully vice versa. So far I've only seen a couple people here who need to chill out, but you get that no matter where you go. But anyways, on to your point.

People are free to copy and paste any posts they make themselves. But importing threads and whatnot isn't very practical and not something we're interested in doing. Firstly it would be an administrative nightmare. Secondly we have had extremely bad experiences attempting similar things with other boards. This last reason alone makes us extremely wary of such endeavors, especially with new boards. Though I must say the bad experience we had setting it up sure did save us from a huge mistake in the end. Not saying that would be the case here, but rather you just don't know. Perhaps in the future some sort of arrangement can be made, though I can't really see the plan as you have it now would work.

Cheers.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I agree, if you have a great post over there feel free to cut and paste it here....I dont even see how an import of such could be achieved. So to answer your question we will not be exploring it now. Once this board gets more established and I get to know some people over there a little better maybe we can come up with a strategy of cooperation. Thanks for the idea though

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Xenon said:
I agree, if you have a great post over there feel free to cut and paste it here....
What if all I have is one or two crappy posts that were hated so much that I ended up getting endlessly flamed for? :
: :laugh:

Seriously...I'll see what I can find.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think thats waht makes each and individual board special is the fact that they are not the same as all other forums..but of course if its a good thread tehn you can feel free to duplicate it

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
The way I see it, their are some threads that this board could advantage from, and vice versa, but Keep the sites differant!
people can always go from one site to the other to get info.
I would encourage new material here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts