Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I got my new free fish from Ron of Fishpost.com. What a beauty it is too. Its a Black Mask Elongatus 8" even TL, wow this thing is huge compared to other Elongatus i have seen. It probably weighs 5 to 8 times what my 5.5-6" Elongatus does. I am so excited. When I first opened the box I was nervous because the fish was on its side, but as soon as I touched the bag it freaked out.

Once I got home the Elongatus was swimming around his new home within 6 minutes, and man does it show its big teeth

I also recieved a Cariba which goes to Honda300EX but I am holding it until he saves up the money this weekend. It was very skittish and is very pale and has been sitting in the corner for 20 minutes now, but thats a typical juvi pygo like behavior.

I was thinking back to all the other piranhas I have bought. From my observations Serra species arent anywhere nearly as skittish during shipping and transporting like Pygos. Pygos get really pale and act like babies for a while after going in a new tank. None of the Serras I have owned ever did this, they always maintained color and were swimming around within minutes. I am thinking that Pygos live a much more stressful life than Serras do, possibly because of the shoaling lifestyle. But again its just my observations on my own fish, and it may not mean anything, I just happened to think of the skittishness of the Genus during shipping.

Thanks a million Ron

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
congrads nate..but were are the pixs....hurry post some like to see your beast

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honda99_300ex said:
And a sweet Cariba
someone is lucky(me!!) i am such a little kid
I stopped by his work on the way home to show him his fish then say, alright well Ill see ya later, now that you saw your fish you cannot have it for another week

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Honda99_300ex said:
Nooo, Not Bundy!!!haha, that would suck....haha.....i wonder how long the cariba would last? not too long...haha
the SPilo CF and Elongatus got together for about 2 minutes once when I was cleaning algea on that tnak, I knocked down the divider and they both were on the same side so I decided to see what happened

Elongatus named Bundy just kinda watched the Spilo CF named Marvin at first, then Marvin went over to nip Bundy and he dodged it and all hell broke loose, Bundy was out for blood, so I said ok children back to your rooms

Olson, what size tank is yours in? Does it use current to swim in at all?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts