Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be stumbling on the opportunity to give away an EMP 400 filter as a prize....the problem is I cant think of a cool contest to do to give it out....help me.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
maybe the person with the best piranha screen name cough cough (death in #'s)

or somebody who obeys all the sites rules

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
maybe a vote on people who promote the site or who helps out the newbies and make them feel welcome to the site

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Tank of the month, tank setup of the month (as in what their setup is, not the fish like filters, heaters, custom items.................)
post whore of the month, how about staff member of the month ( I will conduct this if you like so its fair)

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Innes award - the prize goes to the person called Innes

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
we need to have an annual or bi annual "How big is your piranha" contest. People would have to supply a photograph of the fish out of the water next to a ruler. We could just do it for pygos and serras or we could have a contest for each species. It would be cool just to see who has the biggest piranhas (piranha king is not allowed
) That or we could have a contest for best looking piranha. (not a picture contest)

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
BDKing57 said:
It would be cool just to see who has the biggest piranhas (piranha king is not allowed
) That or we could have a contest for best looking piranha. (not a picture contest)
I dont think it would be fair for the other folks that have small tanks to go against folks with huge Ps. Plus winning can always go to either one of the distributors.
And what did you mean about "best looking piranha" contest.
Isnt that way we have POTM??? Now if you mentioned best drawing or best creative banner.. then we have a good contest going.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
picture of the month is not supposed to be about the best looking fish... its about the best photograph. You could have the ugliest piranha in the world but if it is a picture of him doing somthing cool then your going to win. This would be like a dog show... but with piranha. The fish would have to be judged on color, finage etc.

commercial sellers would not be allowed to compete of course

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wouldnt want my contest to be the reason for people to take their fish out and stress them out and possibly cause themselves or the fish harm while trying to take a pic.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
BDKing57 said:
picture of the month is not supposed to be about the best looking fish... its about the best photograph. You could have the ugliest piranha in the world but if it is a picture of him doing somthing cool then your going to win. This would be like a dog show... but with piranha. The fish would have to be judged on color, finage etc.

commercial sellers would not be allowed to compete of course
Noooo.... It has to be a combo of both!! You cant seriously win POTM just because your setting has the sunset in the back ground, clouds of loviness, blad eagle soaring above holding an American flagg on its beak, while your P is all beat up, fin rott and bacteria getting the best of it. Regardless if you use a $1500 digi cam...

Mike AKA said:
I wouldnt want my contest to be the reason for people to take their fish out and stress them out and possibly cause themselves or the fish harm while trying to take a pic.
Damn!! That means no juggling Ps or camera tricks of it flying through the air naturally??

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
how about pick a number between 1 and 100 and the only time you get to pic a number is after purchasing a piranha-fury shirt/hat etc. this will incourage sales, plus also rock for the lucky winner!!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
With the whole measurement idea... i already thought about the problem of everyone stresing out their fish. We wouldnt want to set a contest date like at the end of the month for example but more like submissions are due 6 months from now. In that period of time people might switch tanks, buy or sell fish and have plenty of other oppurtunities to take them out of the tank.

on the other hand we could have a best slogan contest of a radom lottery type thing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts