Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my game plan so far to date:

in my 125 gallon tank i want to purchase

4 2" Jag Cichlids ( will sell as they grow, i want a male, how do you sex them?)
1 Tiger Oscar
1 Red Devil
Pleco
a big ass catfish
snails
crayfish

i will buy them all as babies and separate as necessary

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Way overstocked even with just one jag and the others. The jag will run that show(if you get a tolerant jag then the rd will run it) and the "big ass catfish" if you're talking about something like a lima/tsn will be too big and eat everything but the big cichlids. The tiger oscar is going to be the odd man out and get beat pretty badly in that tank.

I would suggest against it. If you would like to get a a couple jags to get a male and sell the rest that's fine. Or if you want to try RD/Oscar(which won't work probably) you can do that but no real "big ass catfish" fit in a 125g esp not with snails/crayfish

Jags are easy to sex, you can tell just from coloring/pattern alone at 4" or so.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Way overstocked even with just one jag and the others. The jag will run that show(if you get a tolerant jag then the rd will run it) and the "big ass catfish" if you're talking about something like a lima/tsn will be too big and eat everything but the big cichlids. The tiger oscar is going to be the odd man out and get beat pretty badly in that tank.

I would suggest against it. If you would like to get a a couple jags to get a male and sell the rest that's fine. Or if you want to try RD/Oscar(which won't work probably) you can do that but no real "big ass catfish" fit in a 125g esp not with snails/crayfish

Jags are easy to sex, you can tell just from coloring/pattern alone at 4" or so.
Sounds like this guy is talking from experience. I second each and every word.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Also. The cichlids will likely eat the snails... And the crayfish...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts