Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new caribe. its 4 inches and i put it in my 225 with 6 simmilar sized reds. the reds are beatin on it a lot. not too damaging but nipping fins. are they gunna stop?!?!?!?!?!?

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts
There is no telling for sure, there are too many factors when dealing with aggression.

There are a few different things you can do to try to prevent aggression, including:
1. Keep them all well fed at all times.
2. Don't keep the temperature too high, try to keep it on the low side (about 78 degress Farenheit).
3. Make sure they all have adequate space in the tank and are not overcrowded.

I hope everything works well for you.
~Taylor~

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
There is no telling for sure, there are too many factors when dealing with aggression.

There are a few different things you can do to try to prevent aggression, including:
2. Don't keep the temperature too high, try to keep it on the low side (about 78 degress Farenheit).

~Taylor~
in a 225?
sounds like high temp more feeding needed

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts

~Taylor~
in a 225?
[/quote]
True....I guess in a 225 they should have more than enough room.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts

~Taylor~
in a 225?
[/quote]
True....I guess in a 225 they should have more than enough room.

[/quote]
either that or maybe sometimes they just dont take to a newcomer, but fin nippin is common amungst p's so are the rest nippin on each other as well?

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
all six reds are nippin the caribe. its slowed down and i jsut fed em, but still a little nippage.
throw some more plants in there

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the 6 reds keep running him into a driftwood cave. everytime he trys to go out they all swim towrds him and he backs away. I THOUGHT CARIBE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE EXTREMELY AGRESIVE. HE IS A p*ssy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.