Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall, im new to the board and i just bought a black diamond Rhom from Pedro (3-4in)at aquascape. Its been a day now since i got him and he still seems a lil disoriented maybe from the long trip i live in California no where near where he came from and im a lil worried
bout his health he doesnt move much at all and he's reall thin too i have a electric yellow chilid that i was gonna mix him in with and he was punking my rhom so i had to take him out of there just in case he killed my new rhom. Is this normal since he's adjusting to his new home and how long do you guys think he'll be like this? once again hi yall

· Registered
85 Posts
Probably just needs time to adjust, my Irritan came acting really sluggish and not moving much when I first had him for like a week. Don't add fish in with the rhom he is a solitary fish!!! Also you should order from SHark Aquarium in the future there much better I have had exp with both.

· Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
17,210 Posts
compton ass steve said:
he should be just fine, just give him time to adjust as for a cichlid killing the rhom...not gonna happen...turn it around then you have something realistic... keep them seperate. by the way welcome the the site!
[snapback]847126[/snapback]​
dam bro that statement is wrong
there are plenty of chciclids that would kill p's
even a convict can punk out alot of p's

· Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome to P-FURY. that yellowlab will chop meat when the rhom adjust to his new tank.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AzNUnKnOw said:
im in california also, jsut want to know how much was the rhom and shipping?
[snapback]847670[/snapback]​
First off thanks for all of the responses guys
. I feel much better now and he actually ate a feeder today but still isnt moving at all i just hope he can adjust to his new home soon then i can feed that cichlid to him lol.

Oh, and by the way shipping to Ca for me was $48 overnight by DHL.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BlackPoker said:
Had my Black Diamond rhom when he was 2 in now hes 6 I woudn't trade him for the world anyways DON"T stress my rhom took around 8 months to adjust a long time but well worth it!!! Hope it helps

[snapback]847827[/snapback]​
Wowzerz!
8 months! is there anything i can do to help him adjust faster?!?

· Registered
302 Posts
just give him time....and have you tried watching him w/ the lights int eh tank dimmed and the room lights out??? he'll prolly move around a lot...most p's hate the light....and here's my belated welcome to teh site!

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TheGreatHoe said:
just give him time....and have you tried watching him w/ the lights int eh tank dimmed and the room lights out??? he'll prolly move around a lot...most p's hate the light....and here's my belated welcome to teh site!
[snapback]848923[/snapback]​
Yea, ive tried pretty much everything I could think of bought some aquarium salt and some stresss coat and I even dimmed the light as well I just hope its nothing serious. Thanks for all the help guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.