Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I bought a baby black rhom (or at least I hope it is
) at about 2 inches from azthakid. I threw it in a 10 gallon tank for now until I move into my new place. As soon as I put it in my tank it attacked some feeders I had in the tank. It ripped 2 big goldfish to shreds within a night. It is the most aggressive little critter Ive seen as it attacks my finger through the glass. It is truly a cool fish. I call him Vader.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Cool, great find! glad you like him, and glad to see that he is a good easy going fish and ate on hte frist day

Congrats!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Trust me its a rhom i can eve ntell you what kind it is. Its a high back from peru just in case you were wondering. It came from peru. It is mean i will be getting more soon and i will be getting a import license this summer with the money i get from my job i will import fish. Nop iranhas though at first. I will ahve to sendm y package to BWI if i want to get piranhas i mgiht get soem a few times. Have funn with your new rhom.

·
Registered
259 Posts
nice find dude
I want you to be one of the pioneers to raise a baby rhom to a fully grown adult.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, thats what I hope to do, keep it until it gets quite large....it will rule to watch it grow.....slowly. :smile:

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Congrats Xenon.. Hope you keep the patience.. its gonna be a looooooong and slooooooow journey!!

I get first dibbz when AZ gets his license to get Ps!!!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the rhom with full expectations that I would never see it grow large. For some reason I am liking the smaller fish better. I like the little bugger. I am getitng a 55 gallon this weekend that I am going to divide for him so he has a lot of room to swim around.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Xenon said:
I got the rhom with full expectations that I would never see it grow large. For some reason I am liking the smaller fish better. I like the little bugger. I am getitng a 55 gallon this weekend that I am going to divide for him so he has a lot of room to swim around.
hey Xeon, how much room do they need? I was thinking last night if i ever wanted one i could make a overflow into a rhom tank for him off the oter tank i am building.
Oh yea, i start building soon!

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
cool sounds like your happy
maybe he will be staring in a video in the near future

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He will not be big enough anytime soon to star in a video of his own. Currently I have him in a 10g feeder tank while I wait to move out.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Contrats Xenon, I do like them when they are smaller also. I think it would be cool if there was a pygo that only got 3-5", you could have a sh*t load in a large tank.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts