Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My convict has started attacking my GT in a diffrent way.He swims up beside him and starts smashing his tail on the little guy
not to mention earlier when he got realy pissed and puffed up,its like he doubled in size and his fins were flared also.Im getting a camera next week and i cant wait to post some pics of this badass.

· Registered
13,105 Posts
dan-uk said:
My convict has started attacking my GT in a diffrent way.He swims up beside him and starts smashing his tail on the little guy
not to mention earlier when he got realy pissed and puffed up,its like he doubled in size and his fins were flared also.Im getting a camera next week and i cant wait to post some pics of this badass.

[snapback]848085[/snapback]​
Cool display. "tail beating" and "gill flaring" are classic ways to let the other know who is bigger....

It's like, "feel that wave of water from my tail? Think you can handle that?". Saves the energy that would be used in fighting. Problem is, even if the other fish takes the message to heart, he has nowhere to escape to in an aquarium.

· Registered
1,869 Posts
I thought i would post update on situation...............
My green terror has started fighting back.They are swimming in circles,then they lock lips for couple of seconds with GT having a short chase after con and then he turns around and starts flaring at him.

p.s I wonder how long this battle for dominance will last?.

· Registered
468 Posts
dan-uk said:
I thought i would post update on situation...............
My green terror has started fighting back.They are swimming in circles,then they lock lips for couple of seconds with GT having a short chase after con and then he turns around and starts flaring at him.:laugh:

p.s I wonder how long this battle for dominance will last?.

[snapback]851069[/snapback]​
they will probably fight till one dies. a 35 gallon is too small for those 2 fish when full grown and the fighting will only increase as they grow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.