Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, today while at the local pet store I came across the hamster section, I had not kept hamsters in years though I decided that it would be nice to get back into the hamster hobby. So I purchased a 10g Aquarium (glass), shaved bedding, water bottle, and hamster pellets and seeds, now I moved over to the hamsters for my selection. I saw beautiful hamsters called "Golden Hamsters" I am not sure if this is there real name, if it is not; please verify. The male's upper body is a light brown, followed by a white mid section, and another light brown portion at his lower body, the female is all light brown and larger than the male. I placed them in the tank together with everything set up, the male is already burried in the shavings, and the female is running about and staring out the glass at the cats (the tank is locked and covered). She is also doing quite a bit of digging. I bought them for $7.99 each.

I would like to breed them and keep the majority of the babies. Though I would like to know if my setup is ok. Do you have any tips? I have not kept them for about years now, they are wonderful animals and im glad im back into the hobby. I have many other animals including; reptiles, fish, dogs, cats, and more, and was only missing the rodents

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
i hate hamsters they're evil. I had a couple afew years ago and they did nothing but bite me. They sleep most of the day and sh*t the rest of the time. They love apple and coco pops

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone kept males and females together? I have a person telling me they will kill each other because they are not dwarf hamsters....

·
Too tasty to give up.
7,043 Posts
Landon said:
Has anyone kept males and females together? I have a person telling me they will kill each other because they are not dwarf hamsters....
[snapback]915236[/snapback]​
Two hamsters enter, one hamster leaves...

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
i have a male & female years back. and the male killed the female after having babys. have no clue why.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Fresh2salt said:
i have a male & female years back. and the male killed the female after having babys. have no clue why.
[snapback]915253[/snapback]​
i heard it's the other way around the female kills the male after she has babies. but i have one teddy bear hamster for my wife she is adorable. friendly too. I to have her in a 10 gal. your set seems fine to me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope they will do ok together, the male will be removed when there are babies. I just hope they are ok until then.

·
Registered
0 Posts
piranhasrule said:
i hate hamsters they're evil. I had a couple afew years ago and they did nothing but bite me. They sleep most of the day and sh*t the rest of the time. They love apple and coco pops
[snapback]915023[/snapback]​
Maybe because they are nocturnal.

Also; I seperated them just to be safe.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Landon said:
piranhasrule said:
[snapback]915023[/snapback]​
Maybe because they are nocturnal.

Also; I seperated them just to be safe.
[snapback]918455[/snapback]​
i no they are nocturnal, just saying i dont like them bcause they were always asleep when i was awake so they were pretty much pointless

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Landon said:
pets are not strictly entertainment you know?

[snapback]918491[/snapback]​
so whats the point in keeping one if you arent intrested in it? I no i wouldnt go out and buy a rock, and then giv it its own tank simply because it wuld bore the hell out of me

·
Too tasty to give up.
7,043 Posts
Landon said:
Im just saying you dont by a living creature to entertain you

[snapback]919517[/snapback]​
Then why do you unless you're going to studying them?

·
Too tasty to give up.
7,043 Posts
Landon said:
crazyklown89 said:
Landon said:
Im just saying you dont by a living creature to entertain you

[snapback]919517[/snapback]​
Then why do you unless you're going to studying them?
[snapback]919740[/snapback]​
Oh Dear

[snapback]919944[/snapback]​
Instead of sounding like a 60 year old woman and "e-glaring" at me why don't you just tell us why people buy pets?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts