Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
x-drugy is trying to right his wrong and so far is doing a pretty good job of it. Last night he suprised me with a 7" brandti for my b-day present. So far the little guy is doing fine with my monster pygos. It's an experiment that might actually work with this much water for them to share. If problems do arrise I always have my 165g on stand by. I'll keep you posted on how it works out. I told him I want a geryi next year if this guy works out.

Oh yea, thanks Nick. Now you really have to come up and check out your little guy out in his new home.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
that,s cool il hope for you that it work,s
keep us updated

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
Congrats on the Brantii
I only wish that I had that option of "If problems do arrise I always have my 165g on stand by"

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. He's a cool little fish. I had to ref for a couple of hours after we put him. He was getting chased around quite a bit at first but by the time I went to bed he was already nipping at food and nipping back at my pesky little reds. He seems totally comfortable today. My main concern is my little reds getting beat up but if that happens I guess it won't be that big of a loss. I have 3, 3"-5" terns and 2, 3" pirayas comming on sunday to replace any losses I may have. Those fish will be raised in my 75g til I add my driftwood and the rest of the decor this summer. By then they should be big enough to hold their own in the pond and the disturbance from switching things around should buy them some time to get acclimated. I'll get some pics of them up too when they arrive. Thanks again guys.

·
Skankzilla
18,324 Posts
With that big of a tank I believe the Brandti will be fine, depending on his personality. I've seen a tank with a Geryi that had larger pygos, the Geryi kept his gound and if any fish came near, he'd just chase it and give it a warning, never any fin nips though.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Red Eyes said:
I only wish that I had that option of "If problems do arrise I always have my 165g on stand by"

[snapback]876489[/snapback]​
Yeah, really!!! All my tanks combined don't even hold 165 gallons

Good luck with your project, Stick

And feel free to post more pics!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
awesome pesent!!! i see scotty is watching out for you!!!! hope he survives and all the others too! he looks sweet in there!!

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that too about having a 165 gal tank just lying around.

I guess when your main tank is 750, it kinda raises the stakes for a spare sick tank.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Seriously, you have a little amazon pond in your house. How many ps you got? 41?
You got a spare cat lying around...?

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
nice pic. Im sure you will have at least some minor fin nips, if not serious problems. I still think its cool that you have the ability and resources to attempt such a thing. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts