Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 180 gallon tank and an xp3 and ac110. Im sure this isnt enough so what else should I get? will adding another ac110 be enough? How should I set up these filters? Thanks!

·
5,336 Posts
i plan on two XP4s and a large sump for my large tank.... remember theres no such thing as "too much filtration"

·
5,336 Posts
i plan on two XP4s and a large sump for my large tank.... remember theres no such thing as "too much filtration"
But there is to much current...remember that

[/quote]

water velosity has nothing to do with filtration really... you could baffle your filters output, and introduce almost TOTALLY STILL water into your tank... GPH has nothing to do with head velosity.... you could have 3" drains and returns and put 10000 gph through it, with little current.... remember that

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
But there is to much current...remember that

[/quote]

water velosity has nothing to do with filtration really... you could baffle your filters output, and introduce almost TOTALLY STILL water into your tank... GPH has nothing to do with head velosity.... you could have 3" drains and returns and put 10000 gph through it, with little current.... remember that :laugh:
[/quote]

well said1..well said..if you remember that obviously i do

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies...I think im going to just get one more ac110 and if i need more ill add it later. If anyone else has an input please feel free to let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Well, with all the good things I've heard and read about it, I would take a look at it. Why isnt it worth the money? Its got many advantages over other canisters out there. I personally dont have one, but Ive done a little research on it because I am planning to get a canister.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, with all the good things I've heard and read about it, I would take a look at it. Why isnt it worth the money? Its got many advantages over other canisters out there. I personally dont have one, but Ive done a little research on it because I am planning to get a canister.
Just what I have read before. Plus I already have an xp3. If anything I would just get another xp3 over an xp5. But I will look into them. Thanks for the heads up. Ill try to find the old topic about them.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Just what I have read before. Plus I already have an xp3. If anything I would just get another xp3 over an xp5. But I will look into them. Thanks for the heads up. Ill try to find the old topic about them.
[/quote]
Yeah man if you need too just get another xp3 ive got one there awsome. but those xp5 are sick my buddys got one NO complaints awsome filtre. just thought id thro that out there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts