Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
=CroCodiLe Dd=
592 Posts
I hope ur going to upgrade b/c ur going to have problems when they get bigger.
Actually, I already had some problems with the biggest one. He killed his 8" cariba tank mate :sad: . 2 of the 6" caribas in there now are also going to move.

attach some slate to the driftwood
I tried with common rocks (maybe not eavy enough); I did'nt work. I'll try with pieces of slate. Thks

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Nice coloration on your Caribas and a huge driftwood!!! What preparations have you done to the wood?? That piece looks huge!! Dont know why it wouldnt sink..

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Hell, let the wood float. It looks nice like that.

·
=CroCodiLe Dd=
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thks everyone for your comments, I appreciate

That big cariba indeed looks a bit odd, shape-wise...
Please excuse my poor English level Jonas
, but what do you mean by "bit odd, shape-wise" ? I agree he's got an original gold coloration since I introduced white sand in the tank (here it is with black gravel) but do you see something wrong in particular ?

Thks

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
french toast said:
That big cariba indeed looks a bit odd, shape-wise...
Please excuse my poor English level Jonas
, but what do you mean by "bit odd, shape-wise" ? I agree he's got an original gold coloration since I introduced white sand in the tank (here it is with black gravel) but do you see something wrong in particular ?

Thks

Don't worry about your English, it's fine...

What I meant is that that cariba looks more like a redbelly in those pics than like the other cariba I have seen (head-shape, jaw-line, finnage, shape of the body [taller]) He's not as bulldog-like as most cariba I've seen...
But it's a very cool fish nonetheless: he looks very healthy (just like your other fish), and his appearance makes him quite unusual, which is a good thing, imo... Nothing wrong with him at all :smile:

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
very nice indeed

·
=CroCodiLe Dd=
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all!

what kind of camera do you use?
I use a 2 years old Olympus CAMEDIA C-2100 (10x digital zoom) that still works pretty good (as you can see).

What I meant is that that cariba looks more like a redbelly in those pics than like the other cariba I have seen (head-shape, jaw-line, finnage, shape of the body [taller]) He's not as bulldog-like as most cariba I've seen...
Maybe coming from this pic. Here is another one of him with rb's. And so if it's not a caribe, what else could it be ? You start to make me doubtful Jonas

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
french toast said:
Maybe coming from this pic. Here is another one of him with rb's. And so if it's not a caribe, what else could it be ? You start to make me doubtful Jonas

No no no, I wasn't trying to cause doubt, man!!!
Don't worry! It's a cariba for sure, but some just look a little different from most others (same happens with reds, piraya, or all other fish for that matter...) And in my eyes, this one looked a bit different in those pics you posted...
Maybe it was just the angles, and maybe it's just inside my head...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.