Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Piraya & Pitbulls
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i had fresh deer meat.No marbled no fat- pure meat. They loved it and i get home today and my 11" piraya had his ass handed to him by my 13".Never a scratch on him til now.He has teeth scratches all over him with a chunk out of his side.He been treated as we speak.Also in my 55 the 3 piraya were feed meat and one has a bite out of the fin.No more red meat for me.Meat might not be why both tanks went nuts but thats my story and im sticking to it. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Interesting story.
Wonder how it relates?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Id say u shoulld stay away from red meat all together

·
Registered
400 Posts
The only real 'bloody' form of diet food i give my piranhas is beefheart. I often find pure lean meat contains too much fat and destroys my water quality. Mabye the large amounts of pure 'blood scent' in the water drove your piranhas into a feeding/killing frenzy, like in the wild when they find a dead or injured animal, i dunno its just a guess...

·
Piraya & Pitbulls
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These where bloody (learning lesson) i like the comments and opions
thanks guys

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
ive given my sanchezi little pieces of steak before as a treat (precooked duh) and she really liked that.
o man, i didnt re read that. I didnt me precooked as in before I fed them cooked but I ment PRE cooked as in before cooking lol

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Yes do not cook the meat before feeding him

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
Piraya & Pitbulls
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just hope they all recover
Hope they pull through.
*Nice sig. Netted.
[/quote]
All are doing good.The 11"er is on melafix and a little salt with the temp at 82-83 degrees.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Coincidence IMO, cant see any reason why feeding them red meat would make them attack each other

I never had any problem after feeding mine steak.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I always thought that red meat was just to fatty for P's plus it makes the water all nasty and greasy.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Coincidence IMO, cant see any reason why feeding them red meat would make them attack each other

I never had any problem after feeding mine steak.
aggreed. Fish are not like dogs where the taste of blood messes with their mental. I think this is coincidence more then anything else.
I do hope your fish pulls thru tho.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well guy's i find that very strange i'ev got about 7...... 5 inch" pir's nad i feed them red meat 3rice a week they seem to be healthy and fine......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts