Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. Severum ate them (P's didnt even get the chance), put some in with the "docile" fish and they ate them too
Its like they've got a neon "eat me" sign written on their back.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
neons are good for retards to stare at...um wait I used to have some, nevermind.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Neons are great fish - not to mention the sexy scientific name

I have some with my fire belly newt and my albino frog.
but they are also good in tanks with tetras, danios guppys and plattys - in such a tank the danios, guppys and plattys can breed easily and have no worry of the babies being eaten, so you never have to re-stock.
and anyway what a stupid question!
why not ask are piranhas good for anything except disposing of unwanted fish/mice?

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Generally, I avoid topics like these, but since you have brought up paracheirodon innesi, these fish along with the rest; axelrodi and simulans are the indicator species for the Amazon River, much like Oregon's spotted owl. They are also the main bread and butter fish for native fish collectors. So you are in a sense, keeping them employed by continously buying these fish. Do I agree with how you are using them? No. But that is really your business, but I thought this bit of information might help you see these fish differently.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Innes said:
Neons are great fish - not to mention the sexy scientific name
:laugh:

I have some neons in my piranha tank, and they do fine. They're pretty to watch, but basically all they do is swimming back and forth, eating some flakes and crapping some... well... crap.
In my opinion, they just lack the personality larger fish often have, but that doesn't make them useless.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHA! Well, I didnt buy them for food. I figured it would be decent addition to 2 of my tanks (didnt think I was a retard
). It just turned out that my hard eared couple of dollars went down the tubes a few minutes after I let them go. My question was, rephrased: is there anything that wont eat these puppies? I figured there was a good chance the Ps would, but I've also noticed they will mainly hit orange gold fish, leaving the gray ones alone for days, and other fish indefinitely. So, I wanted to see how they'd do, and they did briefly look good under the actinic, until the severum sucked them down.

My surprise was when the serpae tetra and zebra danios started pummeling them. Thus, my question :rasp:

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
in case anyone gets offended by my reply, remember it was just a joke. you people have to chill out a little

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
tommo said:
get them neons on the steroids and they will kick ass!
:nod:
Or give them frickin' lasers on their frickin' heads :rockin:

Nitro: no worries, no offense taken (but I was kinda sad after reading it
).
:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.