Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
around 7 months ago I had to move my neon tetras because they were slowly being eaten, the only safe tank I had was an unheated goldfish bowl with some newts and frogs in, so I added the neons and not one of them had died, now I realise that the bowl is in my house so it is never really cold, but still it makes my goldfish bowl much nicer that if I just had a goldfish in it.
I was wondering if anyone else has had simmelar experiences with neons or other fish.
I tried to add a betta, but it died 3 days later, I can only guess it was too cold for it.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Many danio's and other barbs will survive in a unheated goldfish bowl.

My mom had a couple of zebra danio's in a fishbowl, and after most of them died because she neglected them, she had enough of it, and I dropped the last surviver in my own, heated tank (without acclimatizing it first...). It started eating immedeately after it hit water, and it's still alive after three months.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
I dont know about if theyre cold water or not, but what I do know, is that they are a pretty fish :smile:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ms_Nattereri said:
I dont know about if theyre cold water or not, but what I do know, is that they are a pretty fish :smile:
I'll tell you something else about them, they have a sexy scientific name

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have some Neons and danios with my betta in a unheated 10 gal. for several months with no prob yet. its room temp and thats it

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pythonwill said:
I have some Neons and danios with my betta in a unheated 10 gal. for several months with no prob yet. its room temp and thats it
just out of curiosity what colour is your betta?
because I have never been able to keep a red one with neons, but blue ones have always been fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.