Piranhas Forum banner

What's your favorite type of music to listen to on a road trip?

• Top 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alternative

• Soft Rock

• Metal

• Classic Rock

• Audio Book

• Christian Rock

• Hip Hop / Rap

• Jazz

• Classical

• Country

• Techno / Electronic

• Blues

• Other: Please comment in the thread!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I am sorry this poll is being placed up late. I would be interested in anyones comments or thoughts.

Here is the situation. You are going on a road trip from Fresno, CA to Dallas, TX. You have no radio, and only a CD changer. What majority type of music would be in the CD changer?
  • Top 40
  • Alternative
  • Soft Rock
  • Metal
  • Classic Rock
  • Audio Book
  • Christian Rock
  • Hip Hop/ Rap
  • Jazz
  • Classical
  • Country
  • Techno / Electronic
  • Blues
  • Other: Please comment in the thread

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
i voted hip hop, l;ike the roots or tribe called quest but it realyl dependson the lenght of the trip, i would definately have to have my xm so i could have a huge variety

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
I chose hip hop/rap, but only because it sounds great with my A+ stereo system in my Explorer. 2 12" Infinity subs with an 800 watt mono block MTX amp. Really good speakers all around.....killer!!!

But I am a true metal head at heart. I don't drees hip hop, but like rap.....kinda wierd, but hey.

·
8,405 Posts
METAL ALL THE WAY!!!!

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
If we're talking a true road trip then it has to be popular music that everyone in the car knows the words to and likes or some type of music that everyone knows and likes, sharing a common interest in.

Road trips suck if you're subjected to bad music... I went on one and simply ended up listening to my mp3 player a lot of the time because I hated what was being played in the car but I was out voted.

I'm a fan of semi-poppy stuff that still has a band behind it like Billy Talent, the Refreshments, OK Go, etc. for road trips.

·
10,514 Posts
If we're talking a true road trip then it has to be popular music that everyone in the car knows the words to and likes or some type of music that everyone knows and likes, sharing a common interest in.

Road trips suck if you're subjected to bad music... I went on one and simply ended up listening to my mp3 player a lot of the time because I hated what was being played in the car but I was out voted.
on the other hand if your with people that are either entertaining or that you can have fun conversation with the trip can fly by and not even need music, back when i was right out of high school i worked at a ski shop and every weekend we would get off work saturday night and load 8 0r 9 of us into two trucks and haul ass to the ski house in vermont we had some awesome times the 3 - 4 four hour drive would go really fast and we would party that night and ski and party the next day..

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts

on the other hand if your with people that are either entertaining or that you can have fun conversation with the trip can fly by and not even need music, back when i was right out of high school i worked at a ski shop and every weekend we would get off work saturday night and load 8 0r 9 of us into two trucks and haul ass to the ski house in vermont we had some awesome times the 3 - 4 four hour drive would go really fast and we would party that night and ski and party the next day..
[/quote]

Definitely. A road trip for me though generally lasts more than three or four hours... It's heading out to the east coast from where I am, which is a 14 hour drive, or something to that effect. And then touring around and partying and such out there. That's just me though.

·
10,514 Posts

[/quote]

Definitely. A road trip for me though generally lasts more than three or four hours... It's heading out to the east coast from where I am, which is a 14 hour drive, or something to that effect. And then touring around and partying and such out there. That's just me though.
[/quote]

i dont htink i could spend that much time in a car with anyone except my buddy thatlives in cali but unfortuanately neither of us have time for a road trip like that ..

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts

[/quote]

[/quote]

i dont htink i could spend that much time in a car with anyone except my buddy thatlives in cali but unfortuanately neither of us have time for a road trip like that ..
[/quote]

Definitely takes being around the right people, for SURE.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
man I keep it gangsta with the hip hop/rap...

dipset....allday

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Definitely takes being around the right people, for SURE.
[/quote]

We took a trip this summer from columbus to wilmington nc. Fun times with people, bad music, and the right people.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What a fun poll. First off, I would like to know who voted Techno / Electronic? Don't get me wrong, I like Techno / Electronic but not on a long road trip. Wow, that would be a long car ride

The poll had some scattered results with Hip Hop / Rap coming in first place at 22.22% and Metal a close behind with 16.67%.

Me personally, perfer Alternative Rock if I am going on a road trip by myself. If I am with others, I have found that Classic Rock is always a favorite. Nothing like driving down the road and the entire car singing some Bob Seger or the Eagles.

Thanks again for everyone that voted and participated... and a BIGGER thanks to nismo driver . It seems like he is ALWAYS the first to participate in "NegativeCamber's Daily Poll!" Thanks nismo driver

1 - 18 of 18 Posts