Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am moving and the place that i am moving to has my new 120gal tank that is almost set up. Heres my question..... would it be ok for me to keep my 3 3 to 4 inch P's in a 10 gal tank for a week or so? It has a whisper 10-20 filter system on it and also a heater. I dont want to have to drain the 29 gal that i have them in then have to set it back up when i get it there. But if that is the best way to do it i will have to do it that way.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Nope, not recommended. Even with a set-up like that, space is more of a necessity with keeping them in a 10 gal for a week. If you really love your Ps so much to keep them alive, you'll have to face the consequences of what every aquarium hobbyist would do. Set up your bigger tank ASAP. BTW, on behalf of most P owners.. your better off buying a 50+ gal size tank instead of setting up your 29 gal. In a couple of months, your 29 gal will; be too small for your boys.

Just look'in out!!!

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
They need space, but maybe for a while but 3 in a 10 gal? heck no .. maybe move one to a trash can or some thing and other some place else? i dont think it will work out THAT well. sorry man.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
if you do use the 10 gallon you should divide the tank so the piranhas don't attack each other, but if it is only for a week I think it would be OK, after all your fish are only 3-4"
If you don't use dividers then you should keep a close eye on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts