Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my piranha's are all very, very dark. they've been like that for a long time now, i was told it was because of the time of year but now im gettin a little worried. and i noticed one of them is really, really fat. it's not like a "full of food" fat either. looks like it's gunna blow. Now, when i say dark i mean DARK!, the bottom fin that should be red is black, same with all the other fins. they're bodies are almost pure black too exept for their goldish sparkles. anyone know whats up?

thanks
heres a pic of 3 of em'. i have 5 in total. they really fat one is missing in this pic tho, i dont have a good pic of him

View attachment 52958

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Could be breeding, could be stress, could be overfeeding, could be anything basically...

We need more information about how your fish act and interact, wheter they show any peculiar behaviour, wheter anything is unusual, etc. in order to help you.
Pictures would be helpful too...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
How long have they been like that?

What is your water temperature and what are the parameters?

The only time I have seen my pygos look anything like that is when they were under extreme stress.

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
Assuming your water is fine, I would agree with spawning. They fill with eggs, and all tend to spawn with a day or two. Are they all 'fat'? Maybe you don't have a male? How large are they?

george

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont think they're stressed. they are eating very well! (a little too well i think), if they are breeding aren't they supposed to do so within a few days of them going dark? they've been like this for about 2 months now. here's some more pictures, but they do no justice!, they are actually a lot darker in real life

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think they're stressed. they are eating very well! (a little too well i think), if they are breeding aren't they supposed to do so within a few days of them going dark? they've been like this for about 2 months now. here's some more pictures, but they do no justice!, they are actually a lot darker in real life

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yea it looks like breeding, reds do that, when its time to breed they change color. But they could also change do to their scenary but that dosen't look like the case. Your gonna get some fry soon, look into it. Congrats

1 - 12 of 12 Posts