Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy guys, I posted these pictures in the other topics, but i thought maybe I can get a better response in here. I have these two fish seperated, I plan on selling one and growing the other, which fish do u think is worth it? And what kind of fish are they????

· Registered
5,089 Posts
the second fish is definitely an irritan. I would guess that the first is a rhombeus. I love my irritan, but i doubt yours has a whole lot of growing left to do, since they only grow to 6".

· Registered
10,481 Posts
The angles are bad in the first photos. Last photos Not S. irritans (note the tail band, S. irritans does not have that.) My opinion S. compressus (note bars and spots, and snout turned slightly upwards, compressed body.

· "Bruce Lee" the Legend
4,530 Posts
hastatus said:
The angles are bad in the first photos. Last photos Not S. irritans (note the tail band, S. irritans does not have that.) My opinion S. compressus (note bars and spots, and snout turned slightly upwards, compressed body.
[snapback]857080[/snapback]​
My first thought was S. Compresses, but I didn't see any bars or noticed the tail, but upon further view, I do notice a couple of bars.

it was late and I had too much to drink
Good eye frank

· Registered
10,481 Posts
The fish is going through its changes, so you really have to focus on the body spots more than just the coloration which is variable with these Serrasalmus species. Also head shape and body come into play though the angle is still a bit off.

· Registered
5,089 Posts
hastatus said:
[snapback]857080[/snapback]​
thats what i get for just glancing at the pic.

· Registered
10,481 Posts
mori0174 Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM
QUOTE(hastatus @ Jan 22 2005, 12:21 PM)

thats what i get for just glancing at the pic.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I've done that on rare occasions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.