Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i got a quick question.......my tank just broke but i got a different one are the fish of if i only have like 10 percent of the water they were in berore in the new tank and the rest tap water

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH I HAVE DONE THAT BUT I HAVE NOTHING TO TRAT THE WATER WITH AND THERE ARE NO FISH STORES OPEN???

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I don't know how many fish you have and how big, but you can use your 10% water and put them in a bucket. Run your heater and airpump.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Any filtered water would be better than just using straight tap water. Either way make sure there is movement in the water. Try to move your filter over as well.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Another option is to buy spring water or to boil tap water to get rid of chlorine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK SO HERE IS WHAT I HAVE DONE I GOT THE HEATER IN THE NEW TANK THE FILTER GOING AND MY FILTER HAS LIKE A AIR PIMP IN IT SO THAT IS ON HIGH THERE ARE NO WALLMARTS OPEN 24 IN ME AREAR MISSISSAUGA I HAVE 6 RBP AND THEY ARE NOW IN A 90 GAL AND ARE ALL SWIMMING AROUND THEY SEEM TO BE DOING JUST FINE A LITTLE SPOOKED BUT WHAT CAN I AXSPEST THANKS I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Since you live in Mississauga, boil some tap water and leave it outside to cool.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,413 Posts
they should be fine, it is like doing a 90% change.
as for not treating the water..they should be fine, they can handle a bit of chlorine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts