Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just received this guy yesterday and I know he wasn't in the best of shape, but i didn't realize how bad he actually was. I have just been told that he has fin rot and ammonia burn. He seems to be acting fine, adjusting well, but i don't want his condition to become worse. What can I do to switch this around and improve his health? This is reversible right? Thanks

he's a 7" black diamond. here are some pics:

http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/index.php?showtopic=141352

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Melafix,Pimafix,salt,water changes, and he should be fine.
He's approx 7". Would he be alright in a 10 gal. quarantine until he heals? I'm going to the store first thing in the morning and buying Melafix, and Pimafix. Do you really think I should use salt as well? Like I said, will a 10 gallon wrk or should I just treat the entire 75? How long do you think it will take to see an improvement? I appreciate your help

haha, sorry for all the consecutive questions. lol, been drinking a little. I seriously do want to heal this guy though.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I dont know if a 10 gal would be ok but its up to you just remember to remove all the carbon from the filters and do frequent water changes. I say a within a week or 2 improvement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts