Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the the following species are from different area's in the world, but would it be possible to keep Firemouths, Paradise Fish, Green Terrors, Janda's, Electric Blue Dempsey and Electric Blue Hap with the fish bellow?...

(1) Red Oscar
(2) Jack Dempsey
(3) Blue Acara
(4) Jewel Cichlid

I'm looking for a nice amount of "LARGE Colourful Fish" in my tank... hence why the interest in these species. I have a 6'x2'x2' tank that holds 672 Litres. I will swap and sell fish to prevent fighting as I go along with my local fish shop if need be. I also have excellent amount of filtration too keep a well stocked tank. 2 x Eheim 2217 External Filters, and 2 x Fluval 4 Plus Internal Filters, with 4000 Litres/Hour turn over combined.

· Registered
221 Posts
I would go ahead and do it, you would never know till you try. All fish are different. and your fish selections are way less to no aggressive compared to what Im working right now and also you have a 180Gallon compared to my 125Gallon.
My fish are as follows, 4" Texas, 8" female Midas, 6" jaguar, 5" jaguar, 4" jaguar, 4" motaguense, 2" 4 white convicts, 4" 4 stripe raphael catfish.
All seems ok, so far ( I know I have to downsize when the right moment comes).

However, I tried a 4" Red devil (I think its male). So mean it has the one side of the tank to himself, and even attack me through the glass. Definately a solitary keeper.

· what up NINJA
4,104 Posts
S. Nattereri said:
My fish are as follows, 4" Texas, 8" female Midas, 6" jaguar, 5" jaguar, 4" jaguar, 4" motaguense, 2" 4 white convicts, 4" 4 stripe raphael catfish.
this grouping is more iffy than what he's asking about. Wait till they get full grown.

In a 180 you may have a fairly good sucess rate with the fish you asked about.

· reasonably awesome
7,332 Posts
yeah it would work, but only add 1 green terror, not multiples of them. i dunno what a janda is, if it stays 6" or smaller it would work though

and you will need to do heavy water changes if you are to keep them healthy and disease-free. A 50-70% change once a week should hopefully do the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.