Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys.. am from the philippines and am planning a 75 gallon tank for a RBPs.. am pretty much confused on what filters am going to use.. ive read here in the site that xp3s and ACs are good.. but the problem is, here in asia there are no xp3s and acs here..

am planing for this eheim liberty filters..

click here

is this ok for a 75 gallon tank???

thnx for the advices guys

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
No, do not buy HOB filters.
If you plan to have Pygocentrus Piranhas, you need to have a good space in your filter for bio media (sintered glass balls etc) for proper nitrification.
So buy external canister filter, like some Eheim Pro II.

Harry

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
y is everybody using HOB filters here.. for me, eheim pros is way to much expensive for me.. huhuhuh am still at school and have a little budget on this stuffs.. am curently running a 40 gallon aquarium with 1 6" red(chopper) and his bwestfwend oscar(6").. hehehe ^_^

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
if you have none of filteration from US you can use any filteration that you have there..the more the better.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
If you use two of those 2041's packed with bio-media that could work. They are suppose to be rated up to a 300g tank, so two should work on a shoal of three pygos (a 75g tank is really only enough room for three full grown reds). Plus, you will need to keep up on weekly water changes to help keep your water parameters in check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts