Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Not really financially feasible to go that route....as you will have to start breeding for a year or two before you have your lizard populations where you need them to be able to use them as feeders.....

Which brings you to having to opt to purchasing wild caught lizards as feeders....which besides expensive is actually a problem for parasite introduction, especially because the species of snake you are wanting to target here is a live foods eater (visual hunter) actually really cool as their vision is so acute they are one of the few snake species on the planet that can see their prey even before it moves....

If you decide that you want to go thatroute, look into small/medium sized species of skinks..they all breedreadily in captivity if set up well

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
cool thanks crockeeper ... someone mention breedering lizards as feeders im thinking i will just buy them but it would be less likely to have any parasites so i will wait a while before i try the project

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i saw em online over the summer. sorry, i forgot what the site is called but pretty sure u can google something. there usually shipped from florida, so idunno bout gettin them to canada.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts