Banned
4,315 Posts
Those are some crazy looking spots!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are some crazy looking spots!
The spots are why I actually posted/ circular on top and bar like marks on his lower half not the usual dots Ive seen in pics. What about his gold gills and slight gold on anal fin? Will that just become red? I know im stretching here just hoping it turned out not to be a common black.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
imo most definately a rhom thanks to the clarity of the tail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have my doubts. that is something unlike i have ever seen before.
100% rhom ......its the variant/origin of rhom I'm curious of. Just looking for ideas please don't say a rhom is a rhom depending on collection point they vary in apperance I know that. If anyone has seen one that looks similar do you recall where it was from. Again thank you to all.

Apott05 I think we've met at killer fish/ you were looking at an elong to buy that turned out to be mine????? Is that you?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
i have my doubts. that is something unlike i have ever seen before.
100% rhom ......its the variant/origin of rhom I'm curious of. Just looking for ideas please don't say a rhom is a rhom depending on collection point they vary in apperance I know that. If anyone has seen one that looks similar do you recall where it was from. Again thank you to all.

Apott05 I think we've met at killer fish/ you were looking at an elong to buy that turned out to be mine????? Is that you?
[/quote]

haha yea that was me. i almost walked out of there with that bad boy haha. your right i do think its a rhom. Where did u get him from? The only rhom i have seen with that sort of spotting is rhoms from brasil. But yours is lacking the red gill plate and gold belly like most of them. Either way he is pretty sweet looking. You still have that elong by the way?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought you lived in MI?? Yes I have him hes attacking me thru the glass as we speak he's crazy. I got the rhom from James at killer fish when he was a inch. The only similar looking rhom Ive seen him resemble is that crazy priced rhom at ocean and seas which they had labeled as Bolivian for 150 dollars.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
that sounds like it might be right. Na i ventured my way up to killer fish from findlay ohio. Do you remember that funny ass black guy that came in there while we were there?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a simular rhomb I bought from Killer Fish.
The batch I got him out of had 7 or 8 who he said one guys was buying all but he gave me one. The whole batch had the same markings so I got one because they looked so diffrent from any small rhoms I had seen. Do you have a pic of yours?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.